Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle is pleased to convene our 8th Annual Black Legislative Agenda Day: From the Baltimore Grassroots.
Our hope is that those of us working in the grassroots can use this as an opportunity to work collaboratively on our efforts in Annapolis to support legislation that will help our communities.
Speakers (alphabetical order):
- Cathryn Paul, Government Relations and Public Policy Manager, CASA
- Delegate Stephanie Smith, District 45 – Baltimore City
- Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins, District 20 – Montgomery County
- Delegate Gabriel Acevero, District 39 – Montgomery County
- Heber Brown III, Senior Pastor, Pleasant Hope Baptist Church
- Lady Brion, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Avenue, Black Arts & Entertainment District
- Lawrence Grandpre, Director of Research, Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle
- Michelle Hall, Assistant Public Defender, Maryland Office of the Public Defender
- Musaab Ibrahim, Research Assistant, Maryland Center on Economic Policy
- Yanet Amanuel, Public Policy Advocate, ACLU of Maryland
- Senator Jill P. Carter, District 41 – Baltimore City