Episode TWO of The Black Mental Health Alliance’s Real Talk: Black Minds Matter podcast is HERE! This episode titled, Blacktivist: Activism in the Black Community and How it Affects Our Mental Health includes Mr. Dayvon Love as our guest speaker alongside co-hosts Andrea Brown and Nia Jones and this discussion leaves minds BLOWN.
This episode unpacks Black Liberation, politics, Black leadership and SO MUCH MORE! We are getting to the nitty-gritty of what really could be holding us back as a people and how we can move forward. You do not want to miss this one! BRING A PEN AND PAPER BECAUSE YOU’RE GOING TO NEED IT!
Links/Information discussed in this episode:
- Massacre Monday: Reconstruction Era 1865-1876
- Michael Eric Dyson vs Eddie Glaude on Race, Hillary Clinton and the Legacy of Obama’s Presidency
- We Will Shoot Back: Armed Resistance in the Mississippi Freedom Movement
- Be on the lookout for Dayvon’s new upcoming project!!
How can you get involved?
- Join the BMHA Social Media Community @BlackMindsMatter1 https://www.facebook.com/blackmindsmatter1 , subscribe on YouTube at Black Mental Health Alliance, and follow us on instagram at @bmhaofficial and @youngblkmindsmatter
- Tune into our Community Conversations: Sawubona LIVE discussions every month! Our foundation for our Community Conversation series will be in discovering what it means to honor one’s humanity: Sawubona. This year the conversations will be based around how we are not our trauma, addressing something regarding trauma each month. It is through the power of community connection and conversation that we counter the narrative, ignite healing and restoration around the many things that often cause Black folks to feel unseen as we navigate life. Check out the BMHA social media platforms for more information.
- Give to what matters #BlackMindsMatter We appreciate all donations and no amount is too small. Your contribution allows BMHA to change the conversation about mental health in the Black community, transform lives by connecting with culturally-affirming clinicians and leaders, and renew minds with insightful information from the village for the village.